So Glad to Hear That

This news:

"Asked if Obama is as demanding of Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn), whose opposition to a public option and Medicare buy-in provision led to their removal, as he has been of progressives like Sens. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), both staunch supporters of a public plan, Gibbs affirmatively replied: "Yes."

Yeah, sure. When are we going to find out what concessions Lieberman made? I'm sure we all would like to hear that.

Maybe this is what they were talking about, from CNN:

" BASH: Any chance Joe Lieberman would run as a Republican?

LIEBERMAN: I don't know what I'll run as. I like being an independent, so that's definitely a possibility, but I'd say that all options are open.

BASH: Really?

LIEBERMAN: Yeah. It's unlikely that I would run as a Republican, but I wouldn't foreclose any possibility."

Maybe that's the promise: Joe can humiliate the Democratic leadership on their most important issue, as long as he promises to get the hell out of our party. Actually, that might be a pretty good deal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas