A Little More On Bartharbunga

Not much to indicate much of a change in Daily Kos' incisive reporting on this event, but a wonderful comparison of two pictures that I cannot resist reprinting:

At the top, a picture from the current eruption, at the bottom, a rendering of Mordor.

Things like this can go on for months or years- I'll keep an eye on it.


And More, from Saturday Night:  Another great report from Daily Kos:


"But we're not here because of small eruptions. We began covering this because of the potential of a big eruption, from Bárðarbunga herself. And there's a growing belief that this data suggests that it's increasingly likely to happen."

Earlier, I thought things might be leveling off, but I guess not.  I don't want to keep stealing things from Daily Kos, so I suggest that, if you are interested in this, you click on the link, and scroll down to the bottom of the post, where you will find an absolutely spectacular video of the eruption.  It's the first thing I've seen that really suggests the magnitude of this event.

I hope I'm not getting too obsessed with this, but I find it really gripping.

Comments

Jerry Critter said…
Perhaps Iceland is the gateway to HELL!
Green Eagle said…
Last I heard, that was in Louie Gohmert's back yard.
Magpie said…
No it’s definitely in Iceland. I’ve just been watching a video about beautiful Icelandic women and I just want to reiterate what a sinful naughty man I have always been.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas