My Fears About a Shutdown

Here's something I have been worrying about the last few days:  We see the Republicans doing nothing to avert a government shutdown a few days from now.  I have begun to suspect that they don't want to prevent a shutdown, because they actually want to send the economy into a tailspin.  They have demonstrated that they are willing to damage the country to get what they want, and what I am afraid of now, is that they know it will be a lot easier for them to win the White House if the economy is terrible heading into the election.  In fact, given the pathetic collection of potential candidates they have, it may be their only chance.  So, I'm very afraid that they will be willing to cause any damage they have to in order to win.

Maybe this is just paranoia, but having watched their destructive behavior for so many years, I can't help but suspect that this is what they are up to.  I hope I am wrong, because we've seen how much malicious damage their tampering with the economy can do.  Every time they pull a trick like this they run the risk that things get totally out of their control, and the whole house of cards will come crashing down.  But they just don't seem to care, do they?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay, Never Mind

Wingnut Wrapup

Hamas