New York Times Does the Right Thing for Once

I am not going to quote from this editorial in the New York Times yesterday, but it is an open and forceful call for the prosecution of everyone involved in the Bush Administration torture policy. Well, okay, just this little bit listing some of those that should be included as defendants:

"any credible investigation should include former Vice President Dick Cheney; Mr. Cheney’s chief of staff, David Addington; the former C.I.A. director George Tenet; and John Yoo and Jay Bybee, the Office of Legal Counsel lawyers who drafted what became known as the torture memos. There are many more names that could be considered, including Jose Rodriguez Jr., the C.I.A. official who ordered the destruction of the videotapes; the psychologists who devised the torture regimen; and the C.I.A. employees who carried out that regimen."

Please go to the link and read it, if you didn't see it in yesterday's paper.  I am stunned at this forthrightness from the Times, which has so often collaborated in the worst of the (Republican) government's abuses.

I wish I could tell myself that this is a move toward justice being dealt out to these malignant people. Well I can't go that far, sad to say, but it's nice to see the truth in print once in a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas