A Mississippi Proposal


Those stupid, neanderthal racists in Mississippi have finally decided to take the Confederate battle flag off of their State flag, 165 years after their treasonous rebellion was finally beaten down.  But don't worry- they aren't going to go away without trying to replace a shout of hatred with a dog whistle.  The number one candidate to replace the current Mississippi flag is something called the "Magnolia flag."  Mississippi white people are hoping that nobody (except their fellow racists, of course, all of whom will be in on the joke) notices that this flag was first raised over Mississippi in 1861, when it seceded from the Union, and is as much a symbol of hatred as the one they proudly fly now.

So, Green Eagle has a proposal to make himself, to honor the greatest cultural contribution to the world to ever come from the State of Mississippi:


There. Isn't that something that all Mississippians can be proud of?

Comments

Paula said…
This is a good example of why we get along so well in general.
Buttermilk Sky said…
Mississippi didn't get around to ratifying the Thirteenth Amendment until 2013, so, you know, baby steps.
gruaud said…
McKinley Morganfield would have been a fine choice, too.
Anonymous said…
Just goes to show real priorities in the traitor states.
Moral arguements against racist flag didn't work
Historical arguements against racist flag didn't work
Patriotic arguements against racist flag that promoted treason didn't work
But lt the SEC ( College sports conference) whisper disapproval and it is gone in a flash.
So sports trumps claims of kinship to distant dead traitorous ancestors.
gee I guesss they weren't tha important anyway.
Green Eagle said…
Gruad, Or Charlie Patton, or Skip James or a number of others I could think of. But I think due to his overwhelming influence on the music that was to come, Robert Johnson deserves the nod. I almost put the legend, "I believe I'm sinking down" on it, but I decided to be a little more subtle.

My wife worked for Muddy's booking agent for a time in the seventies, so we had the chance to see him several times.
gruaud said…
He was something. I have a small Blues collection and he and Robert Johnson
are the cornerstones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnsw4sySaxw

And as for the whole Magnolia flag proposal: are you kidding me?
Green Eagle said…
If you wonder:

http://home.olemiss.edu/~mudws/flag/#:~:text=The%20Magnolia%20flag%20consists%20of,flowers%2C%20upon%20a%20white%20field.&text=The%20%22Bonnie%20Blue%20Flag%22%20was,Union%20on%20January%209%2C%201861.
Flying Junior said…
Baby, I don't care where you bury my body when I'm dead and gone;
You may bury my body, hoo
Down by the highway side;
So my old evil spirit
Can get a Greyhound bus and ride.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay, Never Mind

Wingnut Wrapup

Hamas