Some Things Never Change

I bet you could have never predicted this:

"Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) broke with the Obama administration message on the Bush tax cuts Monday, calling for an extension of all breaks — including those for the top 3 percent of American money earners...His support for the Republican position of not raising any taxes in the midst of a recession highlights the intense battle set for Congress as lawmakers return to Washington Monday."

This is corruption, pure and simple. The more politicians make a show of their religion, the less of it you can be sure they really have. And in Holy Joe's case, that amounts to just about none.

Comments

mastercynic said…
who can take tour money
and give it to the few
get payoffs from the Arabs
while pretending he's a Jew

the Lieberman can
Green Eagle said…
I've been so depressed about things the last couple of days. Thanks for the laugh.
I wonder if Joe has any shame left at all. Just as far too many people are slaves to the republicans because they claim to be "pro life" perhaps the biggest republican party lie of them all, LIEberman is the republican's bitch because of his slavery to Israel.
Green Eagle said…
ayatollah,

I wonder as you do how a guy like Lieberman lives with himself.

I do disagree about the Israel thing. His attitudes about Israel do not explain his servitude to the rich, or to corporations. And having lived in Israel, I can assure you that the Israelis I knew did not in any way see his malignant warmongering as doing anything but increasing their peril.

No, in the end, I just think he's one more corrupt bastard with the words of God on his lips. We're so used to seeing Christian ones that it's a surprise to see such a blatant one who is Jewish, but I guess you learn something every day.
I like Israel GE. It just seems to me that the right holds LIEberman hostage to it.

It's a long subject. I have no use for this guy at all.
Green Eagle said…
Nor do I. I just hate seeing it taken for granted that American Neocons (a sad number of which are Jewish) are speaking in the interest or on behalf of Israel, when of course the apocalyptic bloodbath that they long for would be disastrous for Israel.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas