Green Eagle's 9-11 Commemorative Post

Well, we are, of course, already deeply immersed in an absolute orgy of jingoism surrounding the 9-11 attacks on Wall Street, so I suppose I've got to get my two cents in too, seeing as how, like most people these days, two cents is about all I've got left.  I'll leave it to you to figure out whether that was the fault of the perps or the victims of the 9-11 attacks.

First of all, I've made this crude but handy chart trying to put into perspective those deaths:

Well, as you can see, the Al Qaida deaths are barely visible at this scale, and even the little red line shown here overstates their number.  Yet I never hear any of the people who are still filled with such rage about 9-11 show any similar reservations about guns or tobacco.  In fact, in general, those two things are just fine with them, as long as the campaign contributions keep rolling in.

Now to my main point.  The grievous injury done to us justified the then-President going into an entirely innocent country and slaughtering several hundred thousand people who had not one thing to do with Al Qaida.  The next time you hear about a potential attack on American civilians coming from the Middle East, I hope you will ask yourself the following question:  If three thousand dead Americans justified killing hundreds of thousands of innocent Arabs, how many Americans should the Arabs be allowed to kill without consequence to avenge those deaths?

But no, I guess it's just fine when we kill them without cause.

You know what, I don't ever want to hear about 9-11 again, as long as I live.

Comments

Jerry Critter said…
You could add cars to that graph too.
Anonymous said…
got up. had on NPR and when I was making my breakfast today was listening without paying much attention to the memorial service being broadcast from Washington. The military chief of staff was speaking and I started to listen. What a horrible man. Under the guise of somberly expressing sympathy for the bereaved, he was making a case for more war and more military might. That was his real message. When will these people get a clue? Even the descriptive words he used were militaristic.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas