Don't Change the Subject

From the Washington Post:

"Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. has decided to appoint a prosecutor to examine nearly a dozen cases in which CIA interrogators and contractors may have violated anti-torture laws and other statutes when they allegedly threatened terrorism suspects, according to two sources familiar with the move. "

That was sudden.

If Rahm Emmanuel and his friends (that would be you, Barack) think they can throw us a bone in the form of this dead minimal investigation, and then we'll forgive them for abandoning the public option, they are wrong.

No public option equals a failed presidency. If you collapse on this, nothing is going to go right for you, for the rest of your public life. You'd better think about this, because there is no room for forgiveness on this issue.

Maybe Obama has a better strategy on this than I think. For so long, I've given him credit for being one step ahead of the crooks on this issue, but unfortunately, I feel like I've just lost faith. Maybe he is nothing but John Kerry with a deep tan. We'll see.

Comments

Jean Valjean said…
I must say that was my immediate reaction to the announcement of the special prosecutor---throw a dog a bone. And I agree that he's at the end of the line as far as patience and trust go.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas