I'll Believe It When I See It

From Roll Call:

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday ordered Finance Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) to drop a proposal to tax health benefits and stop chasing Republican votes on a massive health care reform bill...

According to Democratic sources, Reid told Baucus that taxing health benefits and failing to include a strong government-run insurance option of some sort in his bill would cost 10 to 15 Democratic votes; Reid told Baucus it wasn’t worth securing the support of Grassley and at best a few additional Republicans."

If this is true, it will be one of the greatest and most amazing things we have heard in months: that Harry Reid is finally, finally going to do his job, and see to it that Senate Democrats vote for the single most important thing that people gave them a 60 seat majority to accomplish.

Unfortunately, given Harry Reid's record of about three hundred consecutive sellouts to the Republicans, I'm not getting my hopes up before a good bill passes.

I hope that I'm being too cynical here. We'll see.

Comments

Poll P. said…
I see the hand of the all-powerful dictator, stiffening the spine of the capitulator.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas