The Birthers- the Simple Truth

We've all had a good laugh about the birthers. Here is a spectacular interview with G. Gordon Liddy, from Hardball, via Crooks and Liars, which I think takes this beyond the status of a joke:



What I find so interesting about this is the way Chris Matthews confronts Liddy with so much evidence that Obama was born in Hawaii, but Liddy just doesn't care. He simply goes on repeating the same nonsensical and mostly clearly false claims, without the least concern for their total irrationality. my favorite is his distinguishing between a "birth certificate" and a "certificate of live birth," which is a birth certificate. I've heard a number of birthers make this same idiotic claim.

Well, here is what I am getting to here: There is not one single second when these people are in the least concerned with Obama's birth certificate- that's why they don't give a damn about regurgitating patently false claims.

What do they care about? Here's my conclusion: There are a large number of people in this country (otherwise known as the Republican base) who are never, never going to recognize that a black man is the president. That's it. They don't care how patently lunatic the evidence is, because it's only the conclusion that counts. No one can ever force them to admit that their "evidence" is bogus, and they know it full well. They've settled on their story and it's enough to satisfy their hate filled racist hearts.

What a country.

Update: I think I should have mentioned that Liddy's main piece of evidence, the supposed admission by Obama's step-grandmother that he was born in Kenya, is a long discredited lie. In fact, she stated that he was born in Hawaii.

Comments

Poll P. said…
Wow. I bet you're right. And if he's not really the president, they don't have to obey any laws he signs.
Anonymous said…
I see a neighbor of mine has "Impeach Obama" stickers on her car.
The guy hasn't even been in office a year.
What possible irrational rational could there be to impeach him?
What alleged high crimes and misdemeanors has he committed?
I've also heard people say, "They don't trust him" and "They're not really sure he's for this country"

My thought is that in an earlier time these people would be yelling "HE'S A N*****!",
but being that in 2009 that kind of talk is not acceptable to 99.9% of Americans they have to scramble for something to clutch at, no matter how ridiculous.
Green Eagle said…
Anonymous,

I agree with you totally. As I said, they are not going to accept a black man as president, and they will buy into any pathetic justification to reject him.

These people are our real enemies today, not Iran and North Korea.
(O)CT(O)PUS said…
Join the call to oust Lou Dobbs:
http://swashzone.blogspot.com/2009/07/dump-lou-dobbs.html
Green Eagle said…
Octopus,

Good idea. I just did it, and I hope others will follow.
Derek said…
"I see a neighbor of mine has "Impeach Obama" stickers on her car."

Now you know how I felt when I saw "Impeach Bush" stickers.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas