This is What an Asshole Sounds Like, In Case You Wondered

From Meet The Press yesterday (I first saw this on Daily Kos- I can't stand watching this guy in real time)

"MR. GREGORY: But where's the accountability?

SEN. McCAIN: Well, the accountability, obviously, is that people's reputations have been harmed very badly. The question is, is do we want America's image harmed more by dragging this out further and further? You've got to--what's going to be the positive result from airing out and ventilating details of what we already knew took place.... I do not excuse it, I'm just saying what's the, what's the effect on America's image in the world? I don't, I don't mean to drag out my answer, but I did meet with a high ranking member of al-Qaeda in a prison in Iraq who said his greatest recruiting tool was the pictures of Abu Ghraib. We don't want to give the, the terrorists and the radical Islamic extremists more tools and bullets to shoot against us and help their recruiting in this ongoing struggle we're in."

Do I even need to rant on about what a phenomenal jerk this guy is? Or how lucky we are that he is not our president?

God almighty. Why didn't he say that Jeffrey Dahmer suffered enough by having his reputation harmed? After all, no one is going to come over to his house for dinner now. What would be the purpose of airing out his crimes at this point?

And one last little tidbit:

"SEN. McCAIN: I don't know if--first of all, I'd like to know the facts of the case before there should be an, "an investigation."

Senator, maybe it's just me, but don't you usually have "an investigation" to get the facts? Maybe you are waiting for God to speak the facts to you, or maybe you don't want an investigation at all, but are too cowardly to admit it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas