Into the Distance

Atrios grants Lindsay Graham his coveted Wanker of the Day award for this story by Greg Sargent at Who Runs Gov:

"
Whoops! Lindsey Graham Cites Retracted Report As Proof Torture Worked"

My favorite part of the article is this:

"When the witness pointed out that the story had been debunked, (Graham) stared into the distance without saying anything and moved right on to a new round of questioning."

This may well represent a new breakthrough in debating technique: Lying and then staring into the distance.

I really must say, however, that I would like to recommend this to our former Vice President. He has already taken care of the lying part; now if we could just persuade him to stare into the distance without saying anything, I think everyone would feel better.

UPDATE: From The Hill:

"The Bush administration did not commit any crimes, Graham said, but "they saw the law as a nicety we could not afford."

I couldn't have put it better myself.

May I just point out that this is the same justification commonly used by burglars, muggers, etc.- they just can't afford to obey the law. I am anxiously waiting to hear this reasoning used in criminal trials all across the country. Lindsay, I'm not sure that line of argument is likely to convince me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas