California Taxes

Conservatives are having a good ol' time laughing about the troubles California, supposedly the world center of liberalism, is having in paying its bills.

May I point out to the ignorant that California (as of 2005, the last year for which I have data) pays $48 billion dollars more in Federal taxes than it receives in return. That is over three times California's budget deficit.

Where does this money go? As I have mentioned before, virtually every state in the country that still votes Republican is a net receiver of tax money from the Federal government.

I am damned tired of paying to support these jackasses while they preach to us about what worthless, spendthrift leeches we are.

Comments

Poll P. said…
Sweet! I didn't know that about the 3 times the deficit thing. thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas