Harry Reid- Here We Go Again

The contemptible Harry Reid, running up the white flag again:

"REID: I’m saying that the United States Senate, Democrats and Republicans, do not want terrorists to be released in the United States. That’s very clear.

QUESTION: No one’s talking about releasing them. We’re talking about putting them in prison somewhere in the United States.

REID: Can’t put them in prison unless you release them.

QUESTION: Sir, are you going to clarify that a little bit? …

REID: I can’t make it any more clear than the statement I have given to you. We will never allow terrorists to be released in the United States.

Later, Reid repeated that he would not support Guantanamo detainees being transferred to U.S prisons:

QUESTION: But Senator, Senator, it’s not that you’re not being clear when you say you don’t want them released. But could you say — would you be all right with them being transferred to an American prison?

REID: Not in the United States.

A reporter then asked, “[I]f a detainee is adjudicated not to be a terrorist, could that detainee then enter the United States?” Reid refused to answer directly, saying, “Why don’t we wait for a plan from the president? All we’re doing now is nitpicking on language that I have given you. I’ve been as clear as I can.” After being peppered by questions, Reid joked, “I think I’ve had about enough of this.”

Can you possibly imagine a more spineless, weak, worthless excuse for a leader of our party than this?

What the hell does he mean, you can't put them in prison unless you release them? He will use this pathetic gibberish to find a way to weasel his way out of having to take a meaningful stand on a totally clear moral issue like this?

How are the Democrats going to get anywhere, with Harry Reid caving in to the Republicans on every single issue? God, I hope he loses in 2010, I don't care if he is replaced like a Republican.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas