Great National Question

How many words can Dick Cheney utter without telling a lie?

From his "response" to President Obama's speech today:

"I first came to AEI after serving at the Pentagon, and departed only after a very interesting job offer came along."

A job offer came along? You mean when you made yourself Vice President? That's a "job offer?" I'd like that kind of job offer. I'll make myself King of France.

"....naturally my duties tended toward national security."

Yeah, toward making it worse.

"I had the advantage of being a vice president content with the responsibilities I had, and going about my work with no higher ambition."

Are you kidding me? How can you even say that with a straight face?

"I am certain that no one wishes the current administration more success in defending the country than we do."

I hope somebody wishes them more success than you, because you are doing everything you can to make Obama fail, every chance you get.

"And whatever choices he makes concerning the defense of this country, those choices should not be based on slogans and campaign rhetoric, but on a truthful telling of history."

You're right there. Too bad that idea didn't occur to you when you were in charge.

"Nine-eleven caused everyone to take a serious second look at threats that had been gathering for a while..."

No, Dick. It might have made you look seriously at those threats (though I doubt it.) Clinton and the Democrats were already serious about Al Qaida, but you weren't interested.

"The first attack on the World Trade Center was treated as a law enforcement problem, with everything handled after the fact - crime scene, arrests, indictments, convictions, prison sentences, case closed."

And there is something wrong with that? I guess your handling of 9-11, with no indictments, no convictions, no prison sentences, and two trillion dollars wasted on a meaningless war, was so much better.

"From (9-11) forward, instead of merely preparing to round up the suspects and count up the victims after the next attack, we were determined to prevent attacks in the first place."

Which you did by invading the wrong country.

You know, I can go on and on like this, citing passage after passage from Cheney's speech that contain nothing but self-serving, belligerent lies. But what's the point? Enough is enough. We all know what a treasonous, disloyal criminal this man is. I just don't have the energy to waste any more time on him today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas