Blanche Lincoln, "Independent"

Rick Sanchez, one more of the idiots brought to you on CNN:

"SANCHEZ: She's voting against everything that could possibly increase your taxes, and there is no mention in that ad of, "I support the president" or let's do health care reform. You know, I'm sorry, but I'm looking at that thing and I'm thinking, she's sounding more conservative than she is progressive or liberal or whatever you want to call it.

So, you know, she has always portrayed herself as an independent Democrat."

Independent of what, for God's sake? Certainly not independent of corporations, and certainly not independent of Republican cant. As far as I can tell, the only thing Blanche Lincoln is independent of is the interest of the American people.

As I have said before, I certainly do not believe in a party-line ideological litmus test like the wingnuts enforce; enough is enough, however. This woman has no business holding elected office as a Democrat.

Comments

Bill said…
I hope you're not referring to Sanchez as an idiot here. He definitely called her conservative and only said that she has portrayed herself as an independent, not that she actually is.

Hopefully, if there's a good primary challenger that beats her the Dems learn from their mistake with Joe Lieberman and make sure that she doesn't win as an independent.
Green Eagle said…
No, I didn't mean that. I don't care about Sanchez specifically, just about the way the press lets people get away with any disingenuous behavior as long as it helps the Republican party and their owners.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas