Wingnut Breakdown

If you have read this blog for very long (I'm talking to both of you) you will have noticed that, after many months in which I've had great fun bringing the daily lunacy of the right to your attention, I've dribbled to a halt the last few days. I'd like to take a minute to talk about why that is.

Maybe three or four weeks ago, I began to get a sense of a lack of energy in the right wing world. Their output, it seemed to me, lacked the inspired derangement that made them so much fun to mock. I thought at the time that, maybe, I was just suffering from idiocy fatigue, and that, like old jokes, their maunderings just didn't entertain me any more. But now, after a few weeks, I don't believe that. I think it is they who are experiencing fatigue. They seem to have run out of the energy needed to dredge up their daily dose of malice. This has been particularly noticeable since the failed Washington teabag march a couple of weeks ago. They may be putting on a brave face in public (translation: lying their asses off about how many people showed up,) but in their hearts they must know that the masses that were supposedly behind them turned out to be a mirage.

Not that they don't occasionally rise to the occasion, as witness today's contribution from Sher Zieve at Renew America:

"the answers to all of those who are confused about Obama's behaviors is he's trying to destroy this country as fast as he can before the public wakes up completely to what he is! Do you get it now? Obama wants to take this country down...utterly and absolutely. And with no one stopping him, he WILL complete his masters' mission. There is simply no other logical — or otherwise — explanation."

Sure, Sher.

However, in general, like some sort of emotional ebola attack, our latest season of Republican hatemongering seems to be fading fast. Perhaps if, as some have suggested, Obama has been playing rope-a-dope with them, believing that their tantrums would run their course before the actual vote on health care reform occurs, he has been (as he has so often been) more prescient than the rest of us.

I sure hope that is the case, but in any case, right now I have high hopes that the Republicans have worn themselves out by naptime, and the adults will now have a couple of hours of peace in which to get some housecleaning done.

Comments

Things are getting bad for the republicans. If their current heroes are Joe Wilson and Orly Taitz, they got big problems.
Green Eagle said…
I agree. And lets not forget Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber. Their party is just stock full of giants these days.
Poll P. said…
I admire the tenacity of Sanford and Vitter.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas