Liberal Crap

I really want to be fair to the wingnuts I like to savage here. After all, they're people too- I think. They can laugh at something clever just like the rest of us, and they have their own corps of talented people preparing internet material for them.

Just to be fair, here's an example of their artistic political commentary, from yet another insightful website:
















Isn't that clever? I mean, what an incisive comment on the error of Obama's plans. Commie corn- I mean, really, you've got to get a laugh out of that, huh?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Listen, you pathetic wanker, wherever you are out there. Could you please learn enough photoshop to make the "cream of crap" curve around the can? I mean, it's not that hard. Enough brain damage went into the rest of this stupid piece of garbage, that I wouldn't think you had any left for that.

Naturally, the slime that posted this had comments disabled, or they would have had a message from me that would have made the above sound like a Pulitzer Prize award certificate.

Comments

Poll P. said…
What with the ecclesiastical arch and blue-robed choir behind him? I thought he was the ANTI-Christ?!
Curious said…
Right wingnuts have never been successful at comedy/parody as far as I can remember.
I think Fox News has tried it more than once and it has always been an absolute failure.

Does the Green Eagle Have a theory as to why this is?

I asked this question on an old post, but didn't get a reply.
Green Eagle said…
Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Here are a couple of possible reasons that occur to me:

American conservatism is, I think, not driven by thought, but by emotion- largely anger, resentment and hatred. It's really hard to be funny when this is what you are feeling.

Most of the well-known right wing spokesmen are not really ideologues, but in reality professional liars paid by the rich to push their agenda. That agenda, the theft of our national wealth, is not a laughing matter to its beneficiaries, and they are not interested in paying for humor.

And finally, successful comedy requires a certain amount of intelligence. Those people out there who have actually fallen for conservative lies are unlikely to be smart or perceptive enough to manage to sustain comedy for very long.

Any suggestions of your own to add?

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay, Never Mind

Wingnut Wrapup

Hamas