Oblivious

Donald Trump, quoted in Politico:

“Well, you know, I really feel it, Mike. I go to Ohio, we were there two days ago, and Pennsylvania and near Pittsburgh and we — I was in West Virginia, the crowds are massive. And you know, I walked out of one, and I said, ‘I don’t see how I’m not leading,'" Trump said, invoking the size of his crowds. 
"We have thousands of people standing outside trying to get in, and they’re great people and they have such spirit for the country and love for the country, and I’m saying, you know, ‘Why am I not doing better in the polls?’

And in further news, our new puppy loves me.  Why am I not doing better in the polls?

Comments

Jerry Critter said…
Perhaps "thousands" are turning out just to hear the dumb shirt he says. It is like a reality show that bears no resemblance to realIty.
Green Eagle said…
My experience from the Vietnam days was that lots of the people that turned out for demonstrations were only there for a good time. I'm sure that the same is true with Trump- he's in the news, and attracts a lot of people who would go see any celebrity, without a shred of interest in the celebrity's political views. Believe me, if Johnny Depp or Beyonce started travelling around the country giving free speeches, they would attract crowds in the tens or even hundreds of thousands, everywhere they go.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas