Friday, June 3, 2016

Ali

Muhammad Ali has died.

I met him once, at a party for the release of the film When We Were Kings.  In my now rather long life, I never met a person with more presence than him.  There was a dignity and a power about him that, even in his state of decline at that point was beyond anything I ever encountered.  It was almost hard to believe that he was a real person.

At one point, he was said to be the most famous person in the world.  Well, we must move on without him.

3 comments:

Magpie said...

I'm quite envious that you'd met him. Many times I have been reminded to observe his fights and learn.

We may not see his like again.

Green Eagle said...

There have been so many sports greats, but only a few who were so far beyond what came before, that they changed their sport forever. Ali was one of them.

Poll P. said...

The Greatest.