Republican Stupidity for Today

Here's a little sample of the brilliant political observation which our Republican party has to offer the American people these days:

RNC Chairman Michael Steele, channeling his party's energized conservative wing, said the party will "come after" moderates who support President Obama's domestic policies.

Michael, you guys are at 20% of the American people right now. I say, why not go for 15%, or even 12%. I know you can do it, guy.

David Broder, Washington Post: "Tuesday's defeats in gubernatorial elections in Virginia and New Jersey not only ended a decade or more of Democratic gains in those states but also signaled possible trouble ahead in the midterm elections at the national level.

At the same time, the loss of another Republican House seat in a special election -- the fourth such defeat in the past two years -- showed how bitter ideological conflict within the party could cripple the GOP's prospects for a comeback."

Democrats lose- it's because people hate the Democrats. Republicans lose- it's due to some minor internal issue. As usual, David Broder is at his finest when he's proving that no matter what happens, it's good for the Republicans.

Newt Gingrich, referring to the Republican nomination of Dede Scofazza, or whatever the hell her name is: "I think the nomination was a mistake. I wish that we had gotten involved earlier. And if we had, I would have done everything I could to make sure she had not been picked. And she clearly proved in the last few days that she was in no way a loyal Republican."

Of course, Gingrich supported her all the way. Until Rush Limbaugh blamed him for her failure. Way to go with the bravery there, Newt. And the sense of personal responsibility for which the Republican party is so famous.

Lunacy, lies and self delusion. It's what they're good at. And I haven't even gotten to Michelle Bachmann today.

Comments

I alwyas thought Broder was a propaganda meister for the republicans. I could never get beyond the first paragraph of any of his columns because that was enough crap for one day.

I admire you committment and tenacity in getting through more of that joker's nonsense than I ever could GE.
Green Eagle said…
Well, thanks, Truth, but I tend to ascribe it to "too much time on my hands" than "tenacity."

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay, Never Mind

Wingnut Wrapup

Hamas