No Posts

I read the following remark by Roy Edroso a couple of days ago at Alicublog:

"AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY I DRINK. Apologies for the paucity of posts this week. They've piled a ton of new work on me at my job...But I'll be frank with you -- a lot of it is just malaise. Sometimes I just can't even, as the kids say. This election seems to have surpassed the last one for stupidity already, and it's only July."

 I can't tell you how much I agree with him.  There is little going on in the country besides the election campaign, and the campaign comes down to the same thing every day.  The Romney people trot out their newest vicious lie, and we spend all of our time documenting what preposterous, evil nonsense it is. In the meantime, the Republican party's miserable stewardship of our country goes unnoticed by the press. And all the time, we know perfectly well that every lie Romney tells reaches a few people who never hear the refutations, keeping this loathsome, near sociopathic, rich jerk somehow still in the running with Obama, long after the country should have rejected him the way a person rejects a bad oyster they ate.  

Like Roy Edroso, I've had about as much of this as I can take, and as he says, it's only July.  We haven't even seen the really disgusting lies.  At this point eight years ago, no one had ever heard of swift boats. The real corporate money will not be spent until October, when its evil claims can't easily be refuted before the election. This is a dismal prospect indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas