From the ever-reasonable Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit:

"In a humorous jibe at the AIG bonus tax, Steven D. Lofchie, co-chair of Cadwalader's Financial Services Department, has posted a "Clients & Friends" tax memo on the firm's web site: The Manny Ramirez Lightbulb: Also (2 Ideas in 1 Memo) Putting Pay in Perspective:I am enraged! and outraged! plus morally reprehensibled (did I say I am outraged!), that Manny Ramirez has inked another huge contract -- this time with the Los Angeles Dodgers. For those of you who do not follow baseball, know this: Manny Ramirez was getting paid about $20 million or so a year last season (which is nowhere near a year) by the BoSox.....

My Idea. Lightbulb! Goes off! A lightbulb in my mind shining for all the world see my brain's idea! Why not a tax! Because the BoSox receive State Aid (all MLB sports teams do), Massachusetts Secretary of State Galvin, whom I would bet is a huge BoSox fan, should drop a big tax like a bombshell on Manny's salary...."

Glenn,
I know this is thinking that is far too deep to register on your brain's Richter scale, but consider this, from a Dodger fan: When those AIG guys learn to hit the long ball we'll give them their bonuses back. Right now, they are batting about, oh, let's see now, .000, and deserve to be paid accordingly. Manny delivers, and those AIG guys didn't. So, I would say they deserve just about the same salary as some guy in single A would get.

And oh, by the way, Manny could strike out every time he's at the plate, and no one but Manny himself would lose their job or their life savings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas