A Pessimistic Response from Green Eagle

Well, everyone on MSNBC, etc, is so excited about Obama's debate performance tonight.

I don't believe that this is going to turn around the surge for Romney, and here's why:

This is a guess on my part, but remember that, never in history, has a Presidential debate had the effect on polls that this one is alleged to have had.  I think something else is happening, and I predicted this some time ago.  We are now in the month before the election, when there is not enough time for Democrats to refute Republican lies and smears.  Now, the avalanche of corporate financed sludge in favor of Romney is pouring forth.  On the coasts, we don't see it so much, but now is their chance to buy the Presidency, and as far as I can tell, they are having pretty good luck at it.  Will it work in the end? I don't know, but they are sure in the process of giving it the billion dollar try.

I hope I'm wrong, but I never am when it comes to overestimating the Republicans' evil when it comes to their lust to control this country.  Whatever you can think of, what they are up to is always worse.

Comments

Magpie said…
I share your pessimism, actually. I’m a very worried spectator.

Republican CEOs are emailing their employees saying if they don’t vote Romney they will be downsized.

The individual’s vote as a free citizen nothing more than capital to be manipulated, threatened, and frogmarched in the direction that suits that CEO’s interests.

Ah ‘the evils of collectivism’….
Green Eagle said…
Of course, I am sure that no one believes the threat. As with all of the arrant nonsense about "job creators" hiring more people if we just give them more money, the obvious truth is that these people will hire exactly as many people as they can use to make themselves the most money, regardless of who is President. Anyone who thinks differently is engaging in a thought process that has gone beyond childish, to positively infantile.
Magpie said…
“Of course, I am sure that no one believes the threat.”

I’m sure a lot of people would believe it actually.
Why not? – there’s any number of people who are credulous of the most absurd Right wing lies.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas