TRAITOR

Well, today is the last day in our nation's history that anyone could possibly honestly believe that our President is not a traitor.  Anyone who claims differently is, after his "press conference" with Vladimir Putin, lying, either to themselves or everyone else on earth.

Sad to say, we know how all of this works.  The press is being halfway forthright about how stunning this all was, but within a few days, Republican beatdowns and the interests of media owners will shut this up, and within a week, hardly anyone will even remember that it  happened. 


In a way, the whole thing can be seen in this one photo, found by my Facebook friend Shaun Dudley:

It's all there, folks.  Well, there is so much that is craven, so many lies, in what Trump had to say that there was an outrage in almost every remark he made.  Lots of people are talking about all of it; so I am going to indulge myself by focusing solely on what I found the most outrageous and offensive remark Trump made.  Hold on, here goes:


"QUESTIONER: ...would you now, with the whole world watching, tell President Putin, would you denounce what happened in 2016 and would you warn him to never do it again?

TRUMP: So let me just say that we have two thoughts. You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server -- haven't they taken the server. Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the Democratic National Committee?

I've been wondering that, I've been asking that for months and months and I've been tweeting it out and calling it out on social media. Where is the server? I want to know where is the server and what is the server saying?

With that being said, all I can do is ask the question. My people came to me, Dan Coates came to me and some others, they said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it's not Russia.

I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be. But I really do want to see the server.

But I have -- I have confidence in both parties. I -- I really believe that this will probably go on for a while, but I don't think it can go on without finding out what happened to the server. What happened to the servers of the Pakistani gentleman that worked on the DNC? Where are those servers? They're missing; where are they? What happened to Hillary Clinton's e-mails? 33,000 e-mails gone -- just gone. I think in Russia they wouldn't be gone so easily. I think it's a disgrace that we can't get Hillary Clinton's 33,000 e-mails.

So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.

And what he did is an incredible offer. He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 people. I think that's an incredible offer. OK?"

A vital question of our national security, and Trump's response is to take off on one more mindless rant about Hillary Clinton's e-mails, a nauseating smear that has been disproven a hundred times, insisting that this horrid crime which he has committed in subjugating himself and his country to a vicious foreign dictator, was actually committed by his opponent.  This is the act of a grotesque liar and bully who thinks he can force whatever he wants down the throats of enough people that he can keep himself in the White House while he savages everything decent about the country.  And note that, in the face of an even bigger bully, he has totally collapsed like the weak loser he really is.


And to top things all out, he ends up suggesting turning the investigation into Russia's treachery over to the Russians themselves, like a prosecutor that decides to let defense lawyers try their own clients.


This is an act of both derangement and deep evil; but that is obviously perfectly okay with his Republican colleagues, as long as he collaborates with them on their real goal, the theft of our national resources on behalf of the couple of hundred rich families that now control everything in the country.  So as outrageous and abominable as this all is, expect the great majority of Americans to be helped to forget about it within a few days.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree. I have the worst feeling there won't be elections in November, if we make it till then.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas