Some Real Jackassery From the Duck Dynasty Guy

From the same interview.  I find this far worse than his comments about gays:

"The blacks worked for the farmers... They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people' — not a word!"  Robertson continued, "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

No, you son of a bitch, you never heard of a black person singing the blues.  No, never.  Blues?  That's got nothing to do with rural black people.



Why, who ever heard of a black person singing the blues?  


I guess the blues is white people's music, just like Jesus is white.


Man, this pissed me off.  I'm ready to string the guy up now.

Comments

Infidel753 said…
Yep, no black people ever expressed any discontent in front of him. Wonder why that was.

He may have really blown it now. It would be just possible to bounce back from the anti-gay stuff, but this "blacks were happier under Jim Crow" crap is a step too far.
I suspect duck guy audience will increase, this is a money maker for all associated with the show and for any politician who will ditto this shit.
Paul Avery said…
Phil Robertson for Republican Convention Keynote Speaker '16!
Paul Avery said…
I don't think Phil's career is necessarily over. If I were making a Roman flick, I would cast him as a Gothic chieftain.
Green Eagle said…
Maybe he could star in "ZZ Top- the later years"
Infidel753 said…
Pics I've seen of the Duck Dynasty guys remind me more of Iranian ayatollahs. Same beards, same scowl, same religious rigidity. ZZ Top may be had weird beards, but they looked like fun guys.
Paul Avery said…
I met Billy Gibbons of ZZ top. He had a house next to my sister's in Castle Valley, Utah. And, yeah, he is a fun guy.
Curt said…
Statement from the family says that their abiding faith in God and the outpouring of support from millions of fans is bolstering them through this difficult time. Walmart is selling big pillows with the bearded faces of these guys printed on them. I swear I saw it.
Grung_e_Gene said…
Infidel753 is correct, this will make more money for Phil. Just as with Chick-Fil-A, there is a hard core of right-wing bigots who are aching to publicly display their intolerance.

And Republican stars are falling all over themselves to defend him.

Popular posts from this blog

Wingnut Wrapup

It's Okay, Never Mind

Hamas