The Future of Evangelical America

I want to quote from this extremely frightening article today in the Washington Post:

 ‘Soldiers of Jesus’: Armed neo-Pentecostals torment Brazil’s religious minorities
DUQUE DE CAXIAS, Brazil — There was a pounding at the door. Strange, the priest thought: He wasn’t expecting anyone. Marcos Figueiredo hurried to the entrance of his home temple and opened it.
Guns. Three of them. All pointing at him.
The “Soldiers of Jesus” had arrived — three members of a gang of extremist evangelical Christians who’d seized control of the impoverished Parque Paulista neighborhood in Duque de Caxias. First, they erected roadblocks to keep away cops and create a narcotics haven an hour’s drive from Rio de Janeiro. Now they were targeting anyone whose faith didn’t align with their own...Priests have been killed. Children have been stoned. An elderly woman was seriously injured. Death threats and taunts are common."

This is the end game of the phony religion of Evangelical Christianity, and this is our fate here in the United States if we do not put a stop to their would-be tyranny and the politicians who cater to it.  And anyone who still thinks differently is hiding his head in the sand, waiting patiently for these so-called "Christians" to come along and lop it off.  It is no different from the masses of religious maniacs that plague the Muslim world, and it will come to the same disastrous end if we do not have the resolve to put a stop to it.

That's it- that's all I have to say about the subject. People who still don't see it at this point are pretty much beyond reaching with evidence or good faith.


Comments

Anonymous said…
You are exactly right about this.
Magpie said…
A little while ago the Washington Post had another article explaining the Evangelicals fondness for Trump...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/11/26/apocalyptic-myth-that-helps-explain-evangelical-support-trump/

I assume this is old news to you, but the gist of it is those crazy and/or stupid twits are pinning their hopes on him to deliver the end of all things.
Basically Evangelicalism in this sense is a massive death cult.
They think Trump is King David reborn, or 'The Last World Emperor', the flawed ruler who at some point will lay down his crown at Golgotha which will - somehow - bring about the second coming.
Note this myth originates nearly 7 centuries after the time of Jesus, though it borrows motifs from earlier scripture.

"Gog and Magog"...
Vague old rubbish... rehashed endlessly with a new cast for successive generations of drooling religious simpletons with an unquenchable desire for apocalyptic destruction.
Green Eagle said…
Magpie, there is certainly a strong element of what you describe in Evangelicalism. My only disagreement with you would revolve around estimating how many Evangelicals really believe this crap, and how many only follow this "religion," because it is a license to do whatever they damned please in life, and still tell themselves that they are the only truly moral humans on earth.
Unknown said…
Marriage restoration..Stop your marriage from breaking apart today. I lost my husband to another woman 2 weeks ago after 27 years of marriage . We had a lovely marriage but he started a relationship with a co worker who chased after him . He is living away near his work and her and refuses to talk to me or to come home . I am devastated and am finding it hard to cope . I wish I did not love him and that I could move on but I can't . I don't know how to stop feeling like this I wish I didn't as its eating me away and I m starting to feel ill. I have degraded myself begging him to come home all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Chief Dr Lucky can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he did a spell for me. two days later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Chief Dr Lucky. If you need a spell caster that can cast a spell that truly works, I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you. if you have any problem contact him, I give you 100% guarantee that he will help you, This is his details,Email him at: Chiefdrlucky@gmail.com you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348132777335 

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay, Never Mind

Wingnut Wrapup

Hamas