When he gets caught in a criminal scheme to bribe the cooperative Attorneys General of two Republican States to drop eminently justified prosecutions of him:
1. Just ignore it, assuming that nobody gives a damn about Republican corruption anyway. That just shows what clever businessmen they are, which clearly qualifies them to run the country.
2. If the story does catch on, pretend that it's a minor violation of campaign donation rules instead of a direct and open bribe to prevent prosecution of cases in which he swindled people out of millions of dollars. That's sort of where we are now.
3. Scream even louder about the nonexistent scandals surrounding Hillary's charity, ignoring the massive good that it does in the world (for just one example, half of all the AIDS patients in the world get treatment through the Clinton foundation) in favor of an utterly unsubstantiated claim that the whole thing is a gigantic con game by the Clintons to enrich themselves, or to sell influence, or something.
4. And how about a few hundred "major" stories every time Hillary coughs.
5. And then go back to strategy one: Just ignore it. And savagely attack anyone who suggests that paying high State officials to drop criminal cases against you should be off limits for a Presidential candidate.
There you go- it works every time.