'Blest if I believe such a Poll Parrot as you was ever learned to speak!'
-Roger Riderhood
Blah, Blah, Blah
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Just thought I'd give my report on Donald Trump's speech yesterday. How Republicans can find this appealing is beyond me.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Ez said…
Much like the Super Bowl, I could care not less. From what I saw in clips or skimmed in the press it was a horror show worth being illustrated by Ralph Steadman.
I think Trump knew it too. I didn't waste time watching the speech, but I have seen several reports that its deliverance was perfunctory and relatively energyless. He was willing to make the appearance to keep his damnfool suckers sending him their money, but if this is any indication, he knows he is through.
I started following not just the far right, but fringe religious and scientific beliefs too, in the late 1960's. At first it was an amusement to follow the likes of the National States Rights Party, or Scientology or General Semantics, or lunatic Evangelical religious groups. But around the time of the Reagan administration, I began to see that these perverted people just refused to give up their malign idiocy, and they were starting to attract funding from rich sociopaths that believed they could personally benefit from encouraging the public to detach its political views from rational thinking. At that time I began believing that what was happening, if it remained unchecked, could result in such a right wing surge in the United States that we could find ourselves facing a fascist takeover that could sweep away everything we thought was unalterable about our country. Well, with a couple of exceptions, no one believed me. I even had an acquaintance who is a psy...
Bill Bratton, the head of the New York Police Department: " Police Feel 'Under Attack' From Federal Government Leaders" You know what, buddy? They don't feel this under attack: Or this under attack: For people who go around our cities confident that they can shoot anyone they want and get away with it, they sure are a pack of pathetic, whiny cowards.
Trump has made his repeated promise to deport 20,000,000 minorities and foreigners a central feature of his campaign. What does Trump intend to do with them? History provides the key. And what history? The history of Europe in the 1930s and 1940s, when another great power, seeking a cheap way to victimize a large part of its population to benefit the majority race, also started a program of mass "deportation" of minorities, in order to provide its majority race with more land, more money, more of everything, at the expense of the others. There was a word for this: lebensraum, or "living space," the notion that the majority race deserved what it craved so much that it justified any abuse of those considered to be lesser humans. Hitler proposed to "deport" Jews, Gypsies, Slavs and eventually all other non "Aryan" residents of the Third Reich. The Nazis soon discovered that deportation was impossible; it was too expensive for Germany, and oth...
Comments
care not less. From what I saw in clips or skimmed in the press it was a horror show worth being illustrated by Ralph Steadman.