Popularity

Over at Town Hall, we have Rich Galen writing a cleverly titled piece (and when I say piece, you know piece of what) called Hold off on the Crown and Tiara. In it, he makes the sage observation that, in April 2001, George W. Bush (ugh, I hate even typing the name) had virtually the same popularity ratings that President Obama has now.

Isn't that something?

Of course, he neglects to point out that that Bush had that rating because of a massive lying propaganda campaign willingly abetted by the press, not in spite of one.

Comments

Rich Galen said…
I don't understand. You mean the fawning, adoring popular press which thought George W. Bush was the second coming?
Green Eagle said…
Rich,
First, I am a new blogger. I don't know any of the big-name bloggers on either side- I'm just out here by myself. I really appreciate your taking the time to reply to my comment. I hope you will believe that- I don't mean it sarcastically at all.

Now, as to substance. Yes, that is the fawning, adoring press I mean- the one that cheered Bush on while he started a patently unjustified aggression against an innocent country, while he disgraced our Federal judiciary, while he collaborated with the rich in despoiling our national wealth. I don't believe anyone like yourself, who pays enough attention to politics to regularly post on a blog, doesn't know what I am talking about.

We are paying for the press' refusal to deal with these obvious truths, with a depression and national humiliation. We can't afford the luxury of buying into these lies any more. Please- join us on the light side.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay, Never Mind

Wingnut Wrapup

Hamas